Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Gauntlet: In Recent News, Polygamy

I thought this film would highlight some of what is going on in the media surrounding the LDS Church and Polygamy in the media.



As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, polygamy is a polarizing issue for me. I understand the history of polygamy in my church, yet, almost every time I tell someone what church I belong to the question: "So you have a lot of wives, right?" comes up soon after...despite the discontinuance of the practice over a century ago. Personally, I find it unfortunate that adequate clarification of my beliefs is not available to the world at large. Nevertheless, I want to go on record and say that I do not believe in polygamy. It is a practice that, even church literature is condemned as immoral. I would love to hear your thoughts.

1 Comment:

Celestine said...

That was an excellent plea to the media, as well as a great explanation between us and the RLDS groups out there :-).

blogger templates | Make Money Online